Advanced Care for Athletes and the Physically Active
Whether you are a weekend warrior or the member of a sports team, accidents and injuries can happen. Fortunately, ProSportsMD team is dedicated to getting you back to the activities you love as quickly as possible.
Our fellowship-trained sports medicine physicians are supported by certified athletic trainers and physical therapists. This team approach allows us to offer athletes the most comprehensive services to minimize down time and expedite the return to normal activity. Dr. DeGroote and athletic trainers are actively involved in the treatment of professional, college, high school, and recreational athletes, keeping them on the top of their game in maximizing the their functional recovery.
Commonly Treated Problems
- Fractures and dislocations
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Knee injuries
- Torn ligaments and tendons
- Sprains and strains
ProSportsMD supports athletics in our community. We are proud to serve as the team physician for following professional teams:
- Sioux City Bandits
- Sioux City Musketeers
- St. Louis Blues Alumni
- Calgary Flames Alumni
We understand the frustration a running injury can cause. It is our goal to not only identify the cause of your pain, but to fully treat, rehabilitate, and prevent the injury from limiting your running in the future. When pain is limiting your ability to enjoy running, our running medicine team will use the latest technology to get you back on track. The ProSportsMD running clinic at provides services for both running injuries and for the healthy runner who wants to focus on injury prevention and performance improvement.
(Most insurance plans accepted)
- For acute or chronic injury causing pain or limiting running.
- Physician evaluation to provide a comprehensive assessment, including running-specific exam and the identification of injury risk factors.
- Diagnostic testing as indicated; may include onsite x-ray, ultrasound, and MRI.
- Counseling on specific injury diagnosis, treatment, and prevention.
An individualized treatment and rehabilitation program including:
- Use of appropriate medication, braces, orthotics, or injections.
- Running specific physical therapy program.
- Utilization of video gait analysis.
- Footwear recommendations.
- Return-to-run plan.